Help us build the solutions that will keep your community safe from disease
Help us build the solutions that will keep your community safe from COVID-19 the disease that has forever changed how we live. Beyond COVID-19, this awareness and impact of infectious diseases is here to stay. Shared spaces where we gather to work, play, shop, and travel have emerged as the focal point of the health defense strategy. Songbird develops the solutions that make these shared spaces safer to re-enter with rapid testing and risk management tools, ensuring the health of both people and the economy. Today our focus is largely on COVID-19, but the solutions we are building will form the core strategy of how we make shared spaces safe for decades to come.
This is the singular challenge of our generation. It is our moon landing, only the stakes are far higher. We’ve built a team of passionate and talented people committed to making the world safer. It includes world class building scientists, infectious disease experts, operations engineers, data scientists, product designers, and more. Our microscopic adversary is clever and evolving. We are meeting the challenge with a team that is equally agile and creative, and above all else, committed to the hard science that is required to succeed. Our work is not easy or boring. But it is the most important work any of us have ever taken on, and we have built a team that understands the value of having fun while doing it. Sound like a fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Songbird is growing fast and having great market success, but our solution delivery systems are still in their infancy. They need to be built out – fast! You will report to our Director of Solutions and will work closely with our team of Client Solution Managers leading the deployment of our solutions to clients. Given the early stage of business you will also be tasked with supporting or leading the development of systems to enhance our service delivery, which for the right candidate will be an exciting proposition.
After our sales team has finalized identifying an opportunity our client solutions managers become our clients primary point of contact. As such, experience managing clients through successful and challenges deployment is a must. Our goal as a business is to have our foundation revenue built on our existing client base, which means we need to have clients for life and we will achieve through not only best in market products and services, but also a best-in-world client experience. You will play a critical role in our realization of this goal. In your application highlight an experience you have had guiding a client through a challenging project experience that ultimately resulted in project success and a positive client experience. Previous experience as a project manager will be a real asset in this role.
Our solutions related are all built on a foundation of solid science. You will have an educational background or experience in a related engineering or applied sciences discipline or field that will allow you to understand, interpret and communicate our solutions to clients. Understanding our product and being able to translate that to the client while delivering a seamless client experience is integral to the role. Your strong desire to learn and develop skills in this emerging sector will continue to help you in your future success with Songbird.
We currently use a series of tools including MS Teams, Airtable, PDF docs, among others to deliver solutions to our clients. Utilizing these toolsets effectively will be key to your success, you must also be interested, keen and able to support or lead the enhancement of our toolset. In your application be sure to highlight how you have managed to resolve a problem on a specific project or assignment. Additionally, highlight how you have developed or managed the development of solutions that make a problem easier to solve the next time.
The delivery of any solution requires communication. You will be a strong written and visual communicator. In your application highlight an example of when you leveraged your communication skills to make a complicated problem simple to understand.
Your Work Style
Songbird is not for everybody, we’re looking for a specific type of science-minded problem solver. You’re passionate about building a company that truly is helping to solve a massively important problem.
You’re not “just” a Client Solution Manager, you’re a true entrepreneur that can lend a hand wherever the fires are burning and enjoys learning on-the-fly. You’re not intimidated by tackling new subject areas and have a proven ability to ramp up quickly.
You’re comfortable with the early stages of a startup that are often messy and changing quickly. You stand out as someone that is highly creative and able to see alternative paths that get us to our destinations quicker and easier than most people expected.
Your Past Experience
We’re a team that is obsessed with learning, but there’s some things we hope you’ve already learned in past roles and can bring that wisdom to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering or applied science discipline an MBA is also considered to be an asset. Applicants with other educational background (e.g. business management) but have applied experience management the deployment of a similar suite of solutions are also encouraged to apply. Highlight in your application how your background provides you an understanding of Project Management, in addition to Risk Management techniques spanning, PCR testing, risk simulation and pathogen monitoring.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing the delivery engineering or applied science solutions. Experience at small firms or start-ups is considered an asset.
- Experience using the full MS suite of tools.
- Experience with Airtable, Salesforce and other cloud hosted business management and organization tools are an asset.
What Success Looks Like After You Join
First 30 days
- You will be paired with one of our existing Client Solution Managers and asked to “fly under their” wing supporting the realization of several projects.
- You understand our product installation processes, required ongoing inventory support, and testing support required by our clients to ensure their success.
- You’ve met our Sales, R&D and Operations teams and understand how they interface with our Solutions team.
- You’ve had time to orientate yourself with our existing services and are comfortable with the scientific foundation upon which they are built.
First 3 Months
- You are managing a portfolio of projects to delivers direct to clients.
- You’ve supported or led the development new solutions that streamline our ability to tackle problems on specific projects.
- You have lead the successful execution of several Songbird projects.
- You have managed resolve to hundreds of problems (big and small) on the assignments you are responsible for delivering to our clients.
- You have received feedback from clients through our customer excellent survey program.
- You understand the relationship between our Sales, Solutions, R&D, and Operations teams and have thought of ways to enhance and streamline the ways we communicate and work together.
- You’ve played an important role in the development of our solutions delivery roadmap and are excited about supporting or leading the development of our next generation of services.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.