Help us build the solutions that will keep your community safe from disease
COVID-19 has forever changed how we live. Beyond COVID-19, this awareness and impact of infectious diseases is here to stay. Shared spaces where we gather to work, play, shop, and travel have emerged as the focal point of the health defense strategy. Songbird develops the solutions that make these shared spaces safer to re-enter with rapid testing and risk management tools, ensuring the health of both people and the economy. Today our focus is largely on COVID-19, but the solutions we are building will form the core strategy of how we make shared spaces safe for decades to come.
This is the singular challenge of our generation. It is our moon landing, only the stakes are far higher. We’ve built a team of passionate and talented people committed to making the world safer. It includes world-class building scientists, infectious disease experts, operations engineers, data scientists, product designers, and more. Our microscopic adversary is clever and evolving. We are meeting the challenge with a team that is equally agile and creative, and above all else, committed to the hard science that is required to succeed. Our work is not easy or boring. But it is the most important work any of us have ever taken on, and we have built a team that understands the value of having fun while doing it. Sound like a fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Songbird is growing fast and having great market success, and our Sales Team needs an individual with a passion for Biotechnology, Risk Management and Enterprise-level strategic sales to secure major accounts.
You’ll be supporting our Sales Director and collaborating with Solution Managers (Customer Success – Project Delivery focus) to develop and execute strategies to attain sales objectives. You will learn and leverage strong product, market or segment knowledge to communicate value to client prospects.
Our solutions are all built on a foundation of solid science. You will have a proven ability to interpret and translate our science to a critical value proposition to clientele. You will have a track record of success in enterprise (public/private) level sales, allowing you to read complex networks of stakeholders; finding and executing on opportunities. You will have relevant sales experience in biotechnology or life sciences, understanding client-risk management challenges, large account management practices and sophisticated procurement systems. You are comfortable forging your own path, building, learning from, and evolving a book of business, and have a proven an ability to set and exceed Sales targets.
You will acquire customers through identification and communication to priority market segments, including government, oil and gas, mining, high-value manufacturing or other, and build client relationships that allow for growth. Please make special mention if you have direct experience in networking, relationship building and sales into these priority segments/groups.
Our solutions require exceptional communication. You will be a strong written and visual communicator. In your application, please highlight an example of when you leveraged your communication skills to make complicated problems and commercial deployments simple to understand. We are a fast-moving company and exceptional communication skills will be both external and internal, your ability to leverage and communicate messages to and from our R&D, Solutions, and Operational teams will be key.
We currently use a series of tools including MS Teams, MS Office inc. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Airtable, and PDF docs, among others to communicate solutions to our clients. Beyond the above, you have experience leveraging best-in-class CRM tools and can learn quickly. You will be able to use these tools to enable both your own Sales pursuits, but also to collaborate with others.
You will report to the Director of Sales and work closely with them to define and execute sales strategies.
Your Work Style
Songbird is not for everybody. We’re looking for a specific type of science-minded communicator who amplifies our core value proposition and has a special ability to communicate the proposition to clientele.
You’re passionate about building a company that truly is helping to solve a massive humanitarian problem. You’ve been following the pandemic intently, often asking yourself how different tools, technology, design, scientific or behavioral change might improve the state of the world. You also take a long view, asking “how might this event have changed the world, and how does the world look post-pandemic?”
You’re not “just” a Sales Executive, you’re a true entrepreneur that can lend a hand wherever the fires are burning and you enjoy learning on the fly. You’re not intimidated by tackling new subject areas and have a proven ability to ramp up quickly.
You’re comfortable with the early stages of a startup that are often messy and changing quickly. You stand out as someone that is passionate, hardworking, creative and collaborative.
Your Past Experience
We’re a team that is obsessed with learning, but there are some things we hope you’ve already learned in past roles and can bring that wisdom to the team.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, science, engineering or applied sciences disciplines providing you a foundation knowledge of or ability to learn and communicate the value in risk-management techniques spanning biotechnologies and, if possible, PCR testing, risk simulation and pathogen or air-quality monitoring.
You have a minimum of 7 years of experience delivering related strategic, technical sales, preferably in the realm of life science and technology applications. Experience at small firms or start-ups is considered an asset.
What success looks like after you join
First 30 days
- You’ve met, collaborated with, developed, and are executing sales strategies with our Sales Director to support existing Sales endeavors and contribute new lines of pursuit.
- You understand our products and are able communicate their value with passion, enthusiasm and competency.
- You understand our commercial offerings and have demonstrated the ability to negotiate, read and evaluate contractual terms and can easily navigate such documents to ensure a solid basis for contracting with clients.
- You’ve met our Solutions, R&D and Operations teams and understand how they interface with our Sales team.
- You’ve had time to orientate yourself with our existing services and are comfortable communicating the scientific foundation upon which they are built.
- You’ve utilized our existing toolset to support sales to a number of new clients, and are contributing ideas to how we grow the company with efficient processes between Sales and Solution delivery.
First 3 months
- You’ve supported or led the development of new solutions that streamline our ability to identify, prioritize and close strategic segments and accounts.
- You have supported our Sales Director to solve hundreds of client challenges (big and small) allowing them the confidence to engage our solutions.
- You understand the relationship between our Sales, Solutions, R&D, and Operations teams and have thought of ways to enhance and streamline the ways we communicate and work together.
- You’ve played an important role in the development of our Sales strategy and are excited about supporting or leading the deployment of our next generation of tools
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.