Help us build the solutions that will keep your community safe from disease
COVID-19 has forever changed how we live. Beyond COVID-19, this awareness and impact of infectious diseases is here to stay. Shared spaces, where we gather to work, play, shop, and travel, have emerged as the focal point of the health defense strategy. Songbird develops the solutions that make these shared spaces safer to re-enter with rapid testing and risk management tools, ensuring the health of both people and the economy. Today our focus is largely on COVID-19, but the solutions we are building will form the core strategy of how we make shared spaces safe for decades to come.
This is the singular challenge of our generation. It is our moon landing, only the stakes are far higher. We’ve built a team of passionate and talented people committed to making the world safer. It includes world-class building scientists, infectious disease experts, operations engineers, data scientists, product designers, and more. Our microscopic adversary is clever and evolving. We are meeting the challenge with a team that is equally agile and creative, and above all else, committed to the hard science that is required to succeed. Our work is not easy or boring. But it is the most important work any of us have ever taken on, and we have built a team that understands the value of having fun while doing it. Sound like a fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
What you will do
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the performance of the portfolio through the creation, modification, and implementation of the Strategic Marketing Plans. Responsible for brand-level development including market analysis, identifying new product acquisitions, market research, and recommending sound and creative investments providing a competitive advantage. You will create compelling marketing materials with key messages focused on turning features into customized benefits for our various target audiences that will often be communicated through the Sales Team.
The role requires the development and implementation of product education, publication, and other promotional activities to communicate product positioning and lifecycle development of products to customers through digital, social media, and related channels. Since Songbird is a distributor, you will work in partnership with external suppliers to understand competitive differences, use available limited market insights to create forecasts, and understand the need to balance spending with acceptable margin targets. You will determine the commercial objectives for responsible brands, monitor progress, and demonstrate flexibility to adjust as market conditions evolve.
How you will succeed in this role
- Create marketing plans for the portfolio and is responsible for market placement, positioning and/or promotion. In consultation with the team, develops and implements marketing actions: promotion, market research, marketing information, communication and public relations
- Tremendous ability to collaborate with internal cross-functional teams along with building genuine relationships with Suppliers, Customers, Key Opinion Leaders, and Strategic Vendor Partners
- Present concepts, updates, recommendations to Senior Leadership team with a focus on proactively identifying challenges, opportunities and solutions
- Develop a targeted medical education strategy to ensure we are supportive of customer educational needs and identify future partnerships
- Applies consumer insight and market research to determine new marketing and product opportunities
- Evaluates strategies for new product extensions and launches to ensure products are properly positioned and that promotional tools and supporting materials will stimulate sales growth
- Is responsible for devising, directing and coordinating marketing programs and promotions to achieve sustainable sales growth and maximize profitability, market growth and market share
- Continuously monitors competitive activity and develops and executes appropriate strategies and tactics to protect market share
- Manage statistical sales reporting systems to provide market trend analysis reports
Your work style
Songbird is not for everybody, we’re looking for a specific type of science-minded problem solver.
You’re passionate about building a company that truly is helping to solve a massively important problem.
You’re a true entrepreneur that can lend a hand wherever the fires are burning and enjoys learning on-the-fly.
You’re not intimidated by tackling new subject areas and have a proven ability to ramp up quickly.
You’re comfortable with the early stages of a startup that are often messy and changing quickly.
You stand out as someone that is highly creative and able to see alternative paths that get us to our destinations quicker and easier than most people expected.
Your past experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of marketing experience in the Canadian healthcare system in the medical device, pharmaceutical, life sciences, biological industries, or closely related.
• Managed elements of new product commercialization launch
• Experience getting first-hand customer information and using it for improvements (e.g. KOLs, market research, VOC)
• Effectively worked with direct sales force to achieve results
• Implemented elements of brand positioning strategies that resulted in incremental demand for products
• Flawless execution of communication and promotional campaigns (e.g. labs, tradeshows, customer education)
• Strong analytic, technical and conceptual aptitude
• Proven strategic planning and implementation capabilities
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and coaching skills at the employee and management levels
Send cover and resume to careers [at] songbirdlifescience.com.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.